Liko with the help of Rosskag goes over Magicka Sorcerer PvE DPS'ing in the video below. Make sure to support Liko at his Patreon! And check out his website, Liko.gg, a friend of the ESO University website!
I've listed possible static rotations for each setup below.
In a raid environment, replace Spell Symmetry with an active or passive skill, such as MYSTIC ORB or change Degeneration / Structured Entropy to another more desired skill, if necessary.
Otherwise, for each setup, if you want to play dynamically, you'll want to keep up your DOTs as much as possible. If multiple DOTs are running out at the same time, aim to reapply some early and always let other skills run out (Daedric Prey/Haunting Curse will not do damage otherwise). Also, a quick reminder that the Sorcerer's execute ability starts at 20%, rather than the standard 25%.
For 1 pet I used Mages Wrath.
You can also replace Mages Wrath with Bound Aegis and put Ult on the faceplate - Power Overload.
For 0 pet, you can also remove Mages Wrath and put Bound Aegis and Inner Light for the passives, and you may not need Spell Symmetry, see what you can do! You can replace it with another passive or active skill. Replace Meteor Front Bar with Greater Storm Atronach (2 bars).
- Barbed Trap/Boundless Storm (alternate) Unstable Wall of Elements - Degeneration
- Elemental Weapon - Spam x8
- Spam = / Crystal Frags when ready / Mages Wrath in execute (20% or lower)
- Daedric Prey - Barbed Trap/Boundless Storm (alternate) - Unstable Wall of Elements / Storm Atro Ultimate
- Spam x2 - Daedric Prey - Spam x5
- Spam = Elemental Weapon/ Crystal Frags when ready / Mages Wrath in execute (20% or lower) / Storm Atro Ultimate
Daedric Prey - Barbed Trap/ Boundless Storm (alternate) - Unstable Wall / Storm Atro Ultimate
Scamp Pet - Spam - Daedric Prey - Spam x 5
Spam = Elemental Weapon / Crystal Frags when ready / / Storm Atro Ultimate