The Designer Spotlight is an 'interview a designer' session that is generally scheduled once a week at Professor Airie's Twitch stream — featuring one designer each time and providing an opportunity to explore the designer's inspiration, stories behind the homes, thought processes, design concepts, and tips and tricks.
Make sure to check out Airie's Ultimate ESO Homestead Guide along with her previous Designer Spotlight featuring @Punkichu from PC/EU!
Thrielina is a designer who focuses mainly on small and medium houses. Her goal is to fully decorate all the small and medium homes before moving onto the large and manor homes. She takes an analytical yet creative approach to building, and has a specific theme in mind for each home. She wants each house to be practical and foster a sense of community.
Her tips include:
- Remove base items from the house and build from scratch for a more original build.
- Build the house then add effects.
- Consider both the functionality and presentation of the homes.
- Check various guild traders and ask friends for furnishing crafting help to reduce cost.
- Feel free to ask for feedback from friends during the process of building.
- Get inspiration from the housing community at the specific home that you are building.
- For anyone new to housing, consider building at an inn room / small houses first.
- Indoor gardening may make a difference to the appearance & feel of the home.