The Designer Spotlight is an 'interview a designer' session that is generally scheduled once a week at Professor Airie's Twitch stream — featuring one designer each time and providing an opportunity to explore the designer's inspiration, stories behind the homes, thought processes, design concepts, and tips and tricks.
Make sure to check out Airie's Ultimate ESO Homestead Guide along with her previous Designer Spotlight featuring @Thrielina from PC/NA!
Futerko is an Elder Scrolls Online featured designer. The story of Hansel and Gretel from the Grimm Brothers inspired the first house that she built outside of ESO lore. One of Futerko's greats loves are the post-apocalyptic and sci-fi settings. Futerko is a core member of the housing guild, Aetherius Art.
Her tips for housing include:
- Light and perspective are some of the most powerful tools in housing.
- A well-lit item can gain a whole new look.
- PTS server its the best for test new ideas and custom build — you will save a lot of gold by checking your PTS ideas beforehand.
- Every item in the game can be used as something completely new so do not be afraid to experiment — some items have an interesting texture when rotated or placed upside down, which can be used as a completely different furniture.
- Do not be afraid to ask people for help and advice with your houses — The eso housing community is the nicest that I have ever met in games so feel free to join a dedicated or housing guild or discord.