The Designer Spotlight is an 'interview a designer' session that is generally scheduled once a week at Professor Airie's Twitch stream — featuring one designer each time and providing an opportunity to explore the designer's inspiration, stories behind the homes, thought processes, design concepts, and tips and tricks.
Make sure to check out Airie's Ultimate ESO Homestead Guide along with her previous Designer Spotlight featuring @Futerko from PC/EU.
Bomsen is a graphic designer with a knack for custom architectural home builds and a love for unique cobbles that stands out.
- Plan and try out your build beforehand — Pen, paper and (PTS) are your best friends for this.
- Try capturing an atmosphere in your build and making it consistent throughout the surrounding environment of the house — Creating a background story for your house/build may help you with this.
- If you are stuck on a challenge or obstacle, let it sit for a day and return to it with a rested mind and a fresh perspective.
- Create some focal points (eye candies) that stand out and pop in your build, such as a cobbled bed, flower arrangements, or chandelier to make it more visually interesting.
- The devil is in the details — i.e., filling your shelves and including some well-placed clutter and buttons for your stove helps your build progress to the next level.
- Lighting is one of the most important components in your build to bring out texture, color and atmosphere — do not neglect it.
- Make your house the way you envision it and want it — There is no right or wrong way.
- Allow yourself to be creative and try out new things.
- If you are running low on creative juices, go on a housing tour spree with EHT, or have your favorite streamers do it for you (smile).
- For more realism, try layering your surfaces and foliage with colors and textures.
- Have fun and relax with your build — do not let it become a stressful and task-oriented process. This is one of the best ways for personal growth as a builder and house designer.